A regional utility company was challenged to get ahead of a quarterly, independent customer satisfaction survey in order to respond to issues in near-real time and to position themselves better for regulatory body-approved rate hikes.
The client had a survey mechanism, but it suffered from a long lag time from data collection to tabulation. They also had no method of collecting and combining all their customer service interactions to gain a more comprehensive view of customer sentiment.
- Introduced new customer-facing electronic data collection tools.
- Constructed a data lake that included survey and service data along with social media mentions.
- Data was fed through an AI tool that used text analytics to score customer sentiment in near-real time.
Providing client executives with a real-time customer sentiment dashboard let them quickly pinpoint and address low-performing geographies.
- Consolidation of multiple CX touchpoints provides “big picture” customer view
- AI-scored customer sentiments
- Reduced time between data collection and reporting